miércoles, 2 de abril de 2008

Lolzasaurus.

Yesterday on my way to class I was walking on Gran Via, basically the main street of Granada with all sorts of everyone walking around. I was waiting for the stoplight to change so I could cross the street and I heard in the distance an electronic sound like a police or ambulance siren. But, it didnt quite sound like the Granada police or ambulance. I kept looking up and down the street keeping an eye out for any emergency vehicles speeding past, but to no avail. What the heck could it be? Then, as I made my way to the other side of the street, the sound was suddenly behind me! I spun to to see what was making this sound and then, I recognized the sound. It wasnt just prolonged, monotone electronic beeps... IT WAS CELINE DION! The noise came from a 50 something year old homeless ...er, excuse me, hygenically challenged... old man riding his bicycle and absolutely blasting "My Heart Will Go On", you know, the Titanic theme song, on his Fisher-Price or Playschool brand megaphone! Apparently the Spanish dont find this very amusing since they just cast a sideways glance and continued on their way. I, on the other hand, cracked. up. I think the others on the street saw me as crazy as the bike guy, but probably chalked it up to me being a guiri (foreigner). Anyways, if youd have been inspired to listen to that magical song by Celine Dion, heres a link to the closest sounding version I could find. Mind you, this version is about 40 times better than what was coming out of the megaphone. Imagine only the main tones and no embellishment. Ok, here it is. http://wilstar.com/midi/titanic.htm

Paz.

2 comentarios:

Matt dijo...

Wow, someone actually spam commented my blog. And in poor English, at that. Im feelin the love.

Joanna dijo...

A HUG! hahah omg. that made me laugh. tv digital loves you.

hey you remind me of Jack from will&grace. I think he too would feel the same emotional reaction to celine dion as another would to an ambulance...or an actual emergancy.