martes, 8 de abril de 2008

Champagne, Rummy, Sun and Snow - life in Pradollano

So this Saturday, after finding that Epsom salt, or Magnesium Sulfate does not exist in Granada (its a whole other story of why I was looking for it, but thats not today´s tale) there was an impromptu trip to Pradollano, the pueblo in the snow in the Sierra Nevadas. It was conveniently only a 45 minute bus ride away, but it was also, inconveniently, April. There was no snow in the town. So we decided to take a ride on the ski lifts to visit the snow. We were literally the only people not in snow gear or carrying skis while we stood in line. Then it turns out tickets were sold in a totally different place so we got out of line and went to buy a ticket or 3. Also turns out that they were 15 euros per ticket just for an up and back ride! Aw hellz no. So our snow plan was defeated. Instead, we bought some champagne and orange juice and made mimosas. We found a little corner where the Monachil five-O wouldnt disturb us and started up a game or 12 of rummy (thank god Emmy remembered to bring cards). We basically passed the whole time in that pueblo así. However, as nice as it was, the temperature was too nice and we didnt really realize we had been sitting in direct sunlight for like 5 hours. Yes, we are sunburned. And now my already gnarly farmer´s tan is even gnarlier. Do you spell narly with a g? I dont know, but I am a fan of silent g´s so Im spelling it that way. Deal with it.

Oh, and in two weekends from now I am goign to Morocco! My first time in Africa =) I´ve heard good things so I´m excited. Ummmmmm qué más? Not a whole lot, really. Ok, off to class I go. P.S. if you read tis please comment because the last and almost only comment I´ve gotten in the last like month was a spam comment. I know, I didnt realize they existed in blogging either. (See previous entry´s comments) Point is, I need to feel the love. Feel me it!....I think that sentence would only make sense to someone whose brain has been as warped by Spanish as mine has. Hasta luego!

Mateo

3 comentarios:

Kristan dijo...

matt! ich liebe dich!

konner dijo...

I want to go to Morocco so bad but it seems not so fun for women tourists. I like the culture, but at the same time I don't want to spend money there and support them... blah. Anyway, take lots of pictures.

Joanna dijo...

GNARLY