martes, 8 de abril de 2008

Bored and Procrastinating.

So here are a few observations I have to make about Spain. Granada in particular since its my home base on this side of the Atlantic...

1. I was rereading my blog entries (yes, Im that bored and that much of a procrastinator) and they are chock full of funny stories and opinions and are much lighter in tone at the beginning of this trip. Me thinks I am no longer in a light hearted vacationy mood here in españa. That is to say, I have kind of internalized Granada as my home. At least for now... weird.

2. Pigeons have LOTS of sex. My piso´s living room window opens into the square center of the building... its hard to describe but basically its an area protected from everything outside. The pigeons have found it quite nice for their home though, they fly in from above and settle down on window ledges and a small rooftop at equal height with the aforementioned window of my piso. Point is, the pigeons are always on it. Doing it. Always. I, in fact, have been woken up by the sound of flapping wings and sexually strained cooing noises.

3. The amount of cous cous I have eaten in my life has quadrupled just from this year. I dont think much more of an explanation is necessary.

4. People dont judge you for buying mass amounts of alcohol multiple times in the same day. Rather, they are more prone to judge you because your outfit is not monochromatic, as is oh so popular here in Spain.

5. Buffy is still amazing... even in Spanish audio. The DVD player I have automatically sets the language to Castellano of every DVD it plays. This has resulted in many episodes of Buffy being watched for the first 5 or 10 minutes without realizing that Buffy habla español. I still laughed and cried in all the right places.

Ok, I need to move onto my next procrastinating activity which will most likely be either buying a newspaper or taking a walk in the drizzly rain (yay drizzly rain!).

1 comentario:

Joanna dijo...

i'm glad someone else notices pigeon sex. i swear i see them gangbang. i want to run after the girl one (whichever that is, i assume the one being mounted) and help her but i realize i hate pigeons.
also, i'm gonna miss how its okay to ALWAYS order a cerveza, no matter the time. it's like agua.